Photo shoots for everyone!
At Stumptown Blue, our modern boudoir style covers a lot of territory — ranging from beautiful old Hollywood glamour (think black and white with dramatic lighting), to hot Maxim “tease,” to Playboy-style nudity, to 60s-style cinéma vérité. What direction we go in is entirely up to you — we tailor the settings, lighting, and photographic style to perfectly complement your look and comfort zone. Most importantly, even if you don’t have any modeling experience, our team will make you look confident and fabulous!
Relax. You've come to the right place
A fun and comfortable experience!
Our experience shooting hundreds of model portfolios, boudoir, pinup and glamour sessions over the last 10 years helps us create a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere for your boudoir session, resulting in a true work of art. We aren’t a cookie-cutter “glamour shots” studio with a stash of feather boas and a pose book that will make you look exactly like every other woman they’ve shot. We generally don’t provide wardrobe — you bring your own clothes and lingerie.
What we DO offer is the knowledge and experience to make you look your very best, to put you into settings and locations with incredibly beautiful lighting, and help you feel completely comfortable and confident while we create a unique work of art.
How sexy and undressed you become is your choice — we respect your comfort level, and work with anyone from the shyest introvert to the most outgoing “bad girl.” We promise that whatever your personality is, we’ll create gorgeous artistic images, and put you totally at ease while doing it!
Own it. Flaunt it.
The next choice is style. The choices are almost infinite; it really depends on your personality, the wardrobe choices you bring, the location we use, and a million other variables. Usually Brenda likes to chat with you on the phone or in person before the shoot to come up with a shooting plan that gives you a look and style that you are happy with.
We are definitely not a “cookie cutter” studio, and we work really hard to do artistic, creative work that suits your personality and style.
You can do your own makeup, you can use an in-studio professional artist, or you can have it done at a salon or spa before you come to the shoot. TIP: Avoid the temptation to do tanning unless you are VERY familiar with your personal results and have done it before. A lot of people come out streaky the first time, and it can be almost impossible to fix the streaks in photoshop.
Our Place or Yours?
Shoot in our studio, or on location
You have lots of choices for location:
- We can shoot in our comfortable and gorgeous downtown Portland studio, or any of several other Portland studios, with a variety of different looks and themes, with all our lighting equipment to make you look your best. Contact us for sample photos from the various studios and locations we can use for your session.
- We can shoot outdoors – we know some beautiful locations in and around Portland. When shooting outdoors, we have to work during the time of day with the best light — usually very early in the morning, or late in the afternoon.
- We love to do combination shoots both in the studio and outdoors, and we offer this at no extra charge.
- Some of our clients have access to interesting or beautiful spaces to shoot in, and we can do your shoot at a location you provide. Our lighting gear is compact and portable, and we can set up anywhere.
Diva for a Day
Like a Boss
Generally, a boudoir shoot takes around three hours (ish), depending on the complexity of the setup, makeup, whether we shoot in just one location or several, and so on. We’ll never rush you or hurry you out the door — we shoot until we are confident we have a good selection of great images! You’ll be surprised by how many amazing pictures you get from your shoot with the professional team at Stumptown Blue.
We understand that many women have never done anything like this before, and so we do everything possible to make you comfortable and at ease. If you have arranged for a makeup artist, she will get down to work right away (makeup usually takes around 45 minutes to an hour). When you’re ready, Paul and Brenda will start shooting — generally, Paul handles the technical side (lighting, etc.) and Brenda helps you find poses and makes sure that you look your best. If you have the makeup artist stay through the shoot, she’ll help with the styling of each “look,” as well as fine-tuning your makeup between looks.
After the Shoot
What do I get, and can I keep it completely private?
We shouldn’t have to say it, but we respect your privacy and confidentiality, and your pictures are never displayed or posted publicly on our websites unless you allow us to do so. (All the sample images you see here are women who have given their permission for us to display their images.)
There are several ways you can get your pictures:
- We can provide the hi-res images in a private, password-protected online gallery. Download them any time.
- You can pick them up at the studio on a USB thumb drive (Optional Fed-ex shipping available).
One of our favorite final products is a beautiful book. They look awesome, and come in a variety of styles from a pretty soft-cover, to a cute little black book, a sophisticated leather-covered album, or a huge art book. We can also do a one-year calendar, with an image from your shoot on each month. And of course, we can make prints in a wide range of sizes from 4×6 up to 20×30, mounted or framed. The turn-around time on the books and prints is very fast. You can see samples of all the above by visiting us at the Stumptown Blue studio!
- Welcome package (fruit snack tray, beverages, flowers, truffles)
- Shot at our gorgeous and comfortable downtown Portland studio, or your choice of location (contact us for details and availability)
- On-set makeup artist for entire session
- Four looks (wardrobe/setting/lighting changes)
- Retouching for all the images used in the book
- USB Thumb Drive
- 12" x 12" 30-page Hardcover Art Book (Gorgeous!)
- (Drive and Book to be picked up at studio - shipping available/extra)
- Shot in our gorgeous and comfortable downtown Portland studio
- Four looks (wardrobe/setting/lighting changes)
- Retouching for all images used in book
- USB Thumb Drive
- 8x8" 20-page book
- On-set makeup artist available (ranges from $50 to $150)
- Shot in our gorgeous and comfortable downtown Portland Studio
- DIY Makeup
- Two looks (wardrobe/setting/lighting changes)
- Light retouching for four images per look
- Delivery in our on-line password-protected gallery